Wednesday, July 15, 2009
What I learned from my pastor... 7-12
Kevin started his series on the book of Jonah this week. Now, this is going to sound like the world's most shallow thought about a sermon, but I'll go ahead and say it: This week I learned how many historically accurate details the VeggieTales writers included in their Jonah movie! Please don't judge me!!! But seriously - I learned that Ninevah was named after Nimrod, a fish god (hence the fish-slapping veggies), and what a popular prophet Jonah was with the Israelites because his message to them was one of success in I Kings. Plus Kevin hinted at several other intriguing details that will come up in the weeks ahead. So I'm excited to hear more. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAHA! I'm glad to hear you are human. Thanks for the update! Love the birthday weekend! CUTE.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! It almost looks "Wyomingish" with all those trees and the lake..... We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete