
Whose idea was it to make me wake up so early today?
Opening the "birthday stocking"... (I realize some of you may have never heard of a "birthday stocking" - in the Stata family, because we love our Christmas stocking gifts so much, we started the tradition of having your own stocking on your birthday, too!):

You mean I get presents? Well, maybe I can wake up for that!
After a quick breakfast in the car, Johnathan watched his sister swim. Then we met Mrs. Linda to go frog catching and duck feeding at a park near her house.

Look out, little frogs! Mrs. Linda is going to get you!
We spotted lots of herons and gave the ducks some donut holes (whatever was left after Naomi, that is).
After some errand-running in town, Johnathan chose to pick up lunch at "Old MacDonalds".

After some errand-running in town, Johnathan chose to pick up lunch at "Old MacDonalds".

While Johnathan rested, Naomi and I made his cake:
Johnathan's birthday cake contained all his latest favorites: Vanilla, chocolate, trains, guitars (the Quincy figurine is playing one), and, of course, Rocket!
Opening presents!
To top off the evening, we went to the Kurten's home to ride Polly the pony. What a fun way to finish off Johnathan's 3rd birthday! Thanks, Mr. Jimmy, for saddling Polly up and teaching us how to ride. I think we combined all Johnathan's favorite things into one big day.






No comments:
Post a Comment