Sunday, July 5, 2009

What I learned from my pastor... 7-5

Kevin preached from I John 2:1-6 about how Jesus is our advocate before the Father and our propitiation - his substitution for us is complete, with nothing we can or need to add to it. The result of faith in Him is obedience to Him. Kevin pointed out that the way we really know someone, and know fully of their love for us, is by walking with them daily... just like a spouse or family member is fully known and trusted when we live together day by day. Our relationship with Christ is the same: As we walk daily with Him, we grow in our faith and assurance of His complete and perfect love for us. I'm in awe that I have an advocate before the throne of God who always intercedes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment