Friday, February 5, 2010

A Yummy Birthday

For my birthday, my sweet husband created a feast of yummy Japanese food. The menu included gyoza, teriyaki chicken, rice, shrimp and veggie tempura, and sushi rolls (the fully cooked variety for mama and baby!). He logged many hours in the kitchen working on this one - Naomi even pitched in with wrapping the gyoza! We chowed down for dinner that evening with our friends Jason, Jenna, and Jackson. Everything was delicious, and Kevin's first attempt at rolling sushi was very impressive! Thank you, honey, for everything!

And thanks to Jenna, we had my favorite birthday dessert - carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I had prepared myself for my first birthday in a long time without enjoying the version that Fargo's pizzeria in Colorado Springs makes. I had it every year for my birthday, and my parents even delivered it to us while we lived in Wyoming. But Texas is a little far for that kind of delivery, so I figured I'd go without this year. But Jenna's version was pretty well identical, and I was one happy birthday girl!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. I am so glad that you had a nice time. The food looks wonderful!!

    How is Seeking Him going? We are on chapter 4 -- Repentance. There are 39 women in the Tuesday group!! It's been amazing. We'll have to chat soon and catch up.

    ReplyDelete