Thursday, April 2, 2009

Passover for Preschoolers



Today we celebrated a Messianic Passover Seder with our play group pals. We tried all the foods - Naomi loved the salt water and the nuts in the charoset, and Johnathan enjoyed smashing his roasted egg into his matza. Naomi decided the horseradish was "too spicy" to eat, but Johnathan was okay with it! We heard the story of Moses from Mrs. Patchen, and even had a matza hunt!

My list of favorite moments:
1. Seeing the little guys' slightly bewildered expressions at the plate of strange foods set in front of them.
2. Enjoying the company of Titus, the triceratops. Everyone looks for Elijah at their Seder, but no one expects a dinosaur to show up!
3. Naomi's pondering that perhaps Pharoah would have let the Israelites go if Moses had asked more nicely.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog! I'm glad we will be able to stay in touch this way. THANK YOU! I loved Naomi's comment about Moses during story time. That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete