Sunday, November 1, 2009
What I learned from my pastor... 11-1
We were encouraged this morning to be at home in God's word this morning, as Kevin preached from Colossians 3:15-17. And when His word dwells richly in us, we can teach and admonish one another. It also results in an overflow of genuine worship. Kevin spent some time talking about our worship in song on Sunday mornings. Having grown up in church, I don't often think about think about this, but this morning I reflected, why do we sing in church? Kevin pointed out that singing psalms (songs from the Word, specifically from the book of, you guessed it, Psalms!), hyms (songs directed toward God in praise of Him), and spiritual songs (testimonies of what God does for us) glorifies God and turns our hearts toward Him. But singing together, like we do on Sunday mornings, also encourages us as we hear truth from the voices around us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment