The first thing that caught our eye was this Bedouin camp, complete with camels!


Then we visited cultural booths from so many different countries, trying crafts and snacks and getting fun stuff to take home. Our favorite was the China tent:
A student wrote Naomi's and Johnathan's names in Chinese calligraphy.
"Naomi Boaz" and "Johnathan Boaz" in Chinese calligraphy:We'll file this next picture under "Evidence that Rachel is unable to say 'no'". When the very sweet Taiwanese student offered us "Tea Eggs," Naomi got so excited. She said, "We can have them for lunch!" They came from a big pot of hot tea leaves and cracked eggs. Their smell was... unique. Not like tea, or eggs. Under normal circumstances, I am a pretty adventurous eater - you can't travel to Africa and not be willing to try almost anything! But pregnant Rachel is a different story. I asked my valiant husband to take care of them - I didn't ask questions.



No comments:
Post a Comment