Sunday, September 27, 2009

Making Tamales



The WinGS (Women in God's Service) group tackled the project of making over 2000 tamales this weekend for a fundraiser. I joined them for the morning, and I promise that as soon as I snapped a few pictures for the blog, I did my share of tamale-making! Here's what I learned about how to make a tamale...

Spread out the masa mixture on a wet corn husk

Plop the meat mixture in the middle

Wrap it up and tie the ends

And them steam them until the masa is firm. Sounds easy, right?
Okay, here's the real secret to making tamales...
Millicent.


I think if you want to make authentic and very yummy tamales, you're going to need her, because I think there may have been a few more steps to that recipe, including really well-seasoned pork and many other steps I didn't do!

Anyway, we now have some very delicious tamales in our freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment