Sunday, May 10, 2009

Traveling South


Our trip from Colorado Springs to College Station was remarkably smooth and as easy as it gets when traveling with a 2 year old! Kevin's brother Randy qualifies for sainthood by traveling with us to help drive, entertain the kids, and set up our new home.

At the hotel in Childress, TX, we stopped to swim, eat, sleep, and breakfast on Texas-shaped waffles before hitting the road again:



We received a very warm welcome (and I'm not just talking about the weather!) when we pulled up to the parsonage. The church family here had been working hard to make the parsonage beautiful. I love the red door and fresh flowers! Inside was new carpet, paint, fixtures, and a pantry that had been "pounded". We were overwhelmed.
Next... Mission: Unpack!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I got tears in my eyes seeing your new home and hearing how hard they worked to make it special and inviting for you. Good for them!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete