Sunday, March 2, 2014

Conversations with a Three-Year-Old





































In the kitchen, before bed

Ezra:  Momma, can I do something interesting?

Momma:  What do you want to do?

Ezra:   I will take two pieces of oil, and a knife, two cups, and I'm making some kind of recipe.  [Brandishing a knife]  Now I need the yemen (lemon) and one piece of orange.  I need one piece of peach.  I think I need to cut, cut, cut.  I know, I'm making a recipe!  It's called yemen ice cream.  It's called "Ezra's Recipe that Momma and Daddy like."



In the gym, after Johnathan's basketball game

Ezra:  Do you know what's in my hand? [Fist tightly clenched]

Momma:  What?

Ezra:  Don't be afraid.

Momma:  Umm...

Ezra:  It's an M&M!  [Unclenches fist to reveal a smashed red M&M]

Momma:  Where did you find that M&M?

Ezra:  Over there!

Momma:  Don't eat tha-  Aaand, it's gone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment