Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy 120th!

Zion Church of Kurten celebrated its 120th anniversary this month!  We commemorated God's faithfulness with a special service.  Here are Naomi and Johnathan singing "God of Wonders".

After the service we had a big lunch. 
 
One of my favorite parts of the day came after the celebration, when I was chatting with a pastor and his wife who ministered here 40 years ago.  As newlyweds they lived in the old parsonage that sat in the same spot as the newer parsonage where we now live.  They told me a story about how a rodent died in the wall of their bathroom shortly after they moved in, creating a terrible smell.  I was tickled because we, too, had some kind of rodent die in an unreachable spot in our kitchen not long after we moved here!  I can laugh about it now... but at the time, well... Did I mention I was pregnant at when that happened? 

Here's Abby's and Daddy's post-anniversary celebration nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment