Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Few Boaz Favorites

To celebrate Grandpa Boaz's upcoming birthday, we pulled out a few Boaz family classics:
 
Gyoza
 

Kevin consults the notebook of recipes his mom made for him when he went away to college.  It includes his long-time favorites like gyoza, German pancakes, meatballs and rice, and even ramen!

Ezra tried gyoza, but said, "I don't yike (like) it!"

Texas Sheath Cake
This recipe is another Boaz family favorite from Grandmother McNabb's recipe box.  Of course, here in Texas they just call it "Sheath Cake"! 


Canasta
 
Kevin and his folks love to play Canasta.  We've played many a hand around the card table at their house.  This evening Abby got her first Canasta lesson!


1 comment:

  1. I've looked through your posts and couldn't comment on all, even though I wanted to! Gotta get going and start my day, but you guys look wonderful! I miss you all very much, and wish we could visit. Your family looks so content! LOVE IT! Take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete