But I kinda wish I had been up so I could have seen (from the safety of our house)...

... the wind pick up the stuff in our backyard as well as some large pieces of roof from a neighboring building and fling it against the fence in the front yard...
...whatever it was that bent the cross over on top of the steeple...
...and bring down two trees and several huge branches (and we're thankful they blew away from our house and our neighbor's house instead of toward them!).
The tree knocked out our power and phone, so we're also thankful for our neighbors who looked out for us, a warm church building right next door with a crib and nursery to play in and kitchen to use while our power was being restored, for an efficient electric company who got the blown transformer back up by noon, and for the fire department volunteers who kept everyone safe and filled up our van's tire when we pulled out to take Naomi to school and discovered we had a flat!
I thought it was March that comes in like a lion, but this year it was February.




No comments:
Post a Comment