Two years ago, I attended a weekend conference in Colorado Springs featuring Beth Moore. The weather that weekend was pretty typical for Colorado this time of year; you never know if it will be warmish, cold, windy, or a snowstorm! As we waiting with thousands of other women outside the venue, the biting wind swirled around us. We were frigid by the time the doors opened.
When we finally got inside and the conference started, Beth's opening comments were about how much she loves springtime at her home in southeast Texas - the flowers, the chirping birds, the budding trees, sitting on her patio reading her Bible in the mornings. Then recalling the icy wind the audience stood in to get inside, she exclaimed, "You poor things! Do you even know what spring is?!!"
I can now say that I have experienced "what spring is" - at least, what it is here. And it is beautiful! My favorite thing right now is to sit on the front porch, listen to the birds chatter at the feeder, gaze at the beautiful flowers in bloom in the yard, and watch Naomi and Johnathan play.
Of course, I have to enjoy it now, because soon it will be too blisteringly hot to sit out there!



No comments:
Post a Comment