Monday, June 29, 2009

What I learned from my pastor.. 6-28

Kevin wrappped up his sermon series on "Essential Church" this week by talking about the church's purpose and the Great Commission. What stuck with me most was the fact that we are continually in the process of becoming a disciple. He shared this acrostic about characteristics of a disciple:
D ominated by God's Gospel
I nspired daily by God's Word and prayer
S urrendered to the ministry and leading of the Holy Spirit
C entered on Jesus Christ
I nvolved in the church's work and worship
P ursues the lost with passion
L oves others as a servant
E xemplifies faith in the home, work, and life
S trives to know Christ in all of His glory

Next week: Jonah!

1 comment:

  1. I love acrostics -- I'm copying it down! By the way, I think I am going to copy your "What I learned from my pastor" post. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete